Ah, the last and final pasta of the creamy pasta series – Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce! The pasta shape, Rigatoni, holds a special place in our hearts. It has a wide, tubular, structure that holds creamy vodka sauce inside and, you know what they say, the more sauce in your mouth the better. Who are “they” you ask? Well don’t.
It is a rich, flavorful dish that’s simple to make. We’re all about quick and easy plant-based meals that taste like Chef Tony himself made them for you. This rigatoni with creamy vodka sauce has less than 10 ingredients!! Amazing – and there is no onion involved, so you won’t be crying tonight!! (or maybe you will be for other reasons!) Either way, after eating a rich and satisfying dinner, you’ll be sure to crack a smile or SALTS (smiled a little then stopped).
Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce Ingredients
- Rigatoni pasta: it’s clear that rigatoni is the best pasta shape but you could also use penne or ziti.
- Olive oil: the start of any good Italian meal.
- Garlic: the aromatics of the sauce.
- Cherry tomatoes: bursted cherry tomatoes thicken the sauce and give it a fresh tomato flavor.
- Tomato paste: adds acidity and depth.
- Savory cashew cream: the star of this series and something we always have on hand!
- Vodka: adds flavor and helps the sauce hold together but feel free to skip!
- Vegetable broth: thins out the sauce while adding extra flavor.
How to Make Creamy Vodka Sauce
The creamy vodka sauce is made with bursted cherry tomatoes. This automatically cracks the code of making an easy dinner sound fancy. “Yes, I bursted the cherry tomatoes myself, Carl.” Carl will most definitely be impressed, but who is Carl and why is he here?
The tomatoes and garlic are coated in shimmering olive oil and cooked down until the tomatoes burst and create a jammy texture. The tomato paste adds deep flavor to balance out the richness of the cashew cream. Vodka is added and simmered off, leaving you with a delicious aroma and bit of tang. It also helps to bind everything together, creating a smooth and luscious pink sauce.
Watch us make it in this video!
The Creamy Pasta Series
There are two other recipes in the series that all start with a batch of our Savory Cashew Cream Sauce! Take your pick of tangy vodka sauce, bright lemon, or creamy pesto. We’d love to hear your favorite!Print